Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Black & White Floral

This is outfit has a floral edge, but it didn't feel strongly enough of flowers to fit Sophistique Noir's monthly theme for me to wear it Monday. But I liked it enough to wear Tuesday! This is my very favorite sweater in my vast collection, I had to buy it full-price bec. I was so in love with it. And I just went with simple black all around.

What I'm wearing:
Black & white floral cardigan, White House - Black Market | Black T-shirt with beaded accent, Calvin Klein | Black skirt with lace accents, NY & Company | Black tights, Calvin Klein | Black patent pumps with square toes, unknown brand, prob. thrifted | Black beaded vintage lace choker, made by Kendra | Gunmetal hoop earrings, random accessory store | Black & white beaded cuff bracelet, bought in Kauai | Black & white flower hair pin, random accessory store | Chanel "Vamp" lipstick



So, if you have a preference, which floral outfit do you like better: Monday's burgundy floral or this black & white floral?

14 comments:

  1. Ooooo ... I absolutely LOVE this outfit! And I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again: I adore your hair swept up like that! And the rosette clip is absolutely perfect. I actually think I like this outfit better because the florals are more "graphic." There's something very Art Nouveau print culture about think, like Beardsley in 3D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meagan HendricksonApril 4, 2012 at 7:50 AM

    I agree with Miss Mary, very Beardsley. I love it! I'm also a sucker for black and white ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this one better! Monday's was pretty - but this is STRIKING. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's such a toss-up; I don't think I could like either outfit "better" because they are both so elegant, and so different. Although I do absolutely love that sweater on you. And I agree with Mary about your hair and that flower. The perfect topper to this outfit!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I like the B&W better because it's more dramatic and florals are so often done in colors that the black and white contrast is really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The combo of your necklace and the sweater is perfect. I always love things from WHBM. They have great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a tough choice! I'd have to go with today's outfit, the floral print is more striking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad to hear this, bec. I always think that wearing my hair up is lazy! I do it all the time on weekends, & when I do it on weekdays, I feel like it's a cop-out. Sometimes, I'm in a hurry in the morning, or my hair is misbehaving, so I just sweep it up in a clip. But at least it *looks* good :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do love that deco vibe in this floral print, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definitely each is different. I went for more classic "corporate" with the burgundy, & but this outfit's sweater has a more "ladies who lunch" vibe almost. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. True, wouldn't it be great to find more b/w florals?

    ReplyDelete